
CISA Says Medusa Ransomware Has Now Struck More Than 500 Victims
US authorities updated their advisory on the Medusa ransomware group, reporting the count of victims has climbed past 500 as of April 2026.
AfroEuropa Newsroom
AfroEuropa desk
The US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the FBI have updated their joint advisory on the Medusa ransomware operation, saying the group has now compromised more than 500 organizations.
According to The Record from Recorded Future News, the advisory was first issued in March 2025 and has since been revised. As of April 2026, the agencies report that Medusa operators have affected over 500 victims. That figure marks an increase from the roughly 300 victims CISA cited as of 2025, many of which the agency said were in critical infrastructure sectors.
Separately, CISA has confirmed that ransomware groups are exploiting a high-severity vulnerability in the Windows Task Host, according to BleepingComputer. The flaw had been flagged as actively exploited in April.
Keep reading
Comcast Launches Xfinity Shield With WiFi-Based Motion Detection
Comcast's new Xfinity Shield platform uses changes in wireless signals to detect movement inside a home without cameras or dedicated sensors.
Other highlights
Google Pixel 11 Reaches Retail as US Carriers Roll Out Deals
The Pixel 11 series moved from pre-order to full availability on August 20, with US carriers including T-Mobile promoting free handset offers tied to plans and trade-ins.
Follow the storyOne newsletter, two continents
The Bridge brings you the tech, startups, and leaders moving between Africa and Europe in one sharp email each morning. No spam, unsubscribe anytime.









